There is no "one best" way to lose weight
.Win the fight to beat the flab with these weight loss tips, which
actually work. Keep these tips handy where you can see them whenever
Consult a doctor or registered dietician
Before you start trying to lose weight, talk to a doctor, your parents,
or a registered dietitian. With their help, you can come up with
a safe plan, based on eating well and exercising.
Weight Loss Exercise
- Try to exercise 30 to 60 minutes every day.
- Walking, swimming, and stretching are all good ways
to burn calories and help you stay fit.
- Alternate activities so you do not get bored
- Limit your time watching TV or playing video games; even reading
a book burns more energy.
- Go dancing - it can burn more than 300 calories an hour!
Eating well does not mean dieting to lose a few
pounds. Instead, try to make healthy choices every day:
- Eat a healthy breakfast every day.
- Avoid fast-food restaurants.
- Pay attention to the portion sizes of what you eat.
- Eat at least five servings of fruit and vegetables a day.
- Eat when you're hungry, not when you're bored or because you
can't think of anything else to do.
- Instead of soft drinks , drink fat-free or low-fat milk or water
- If you want a snack, try fruits instead of processed foods like
chips and crackers, which can be loaded with fat and calories .
- Don't eat meals or snacks while watching TV because you'll probably
end up eating more than you intend to.
- Drink four to six glasses of water each day, especially before
meals. Water has no calories and it will help you to feel full.
Eat smaller-meals :
Having smaller, more frequent meals can prevent you from getting
ravenously hungry and overeating. On average, weight loss winners
eat five times a day. Keep a food diary to note down the amount of
calories you are taking.
Your weight loss programme will succeed
only if you are determined and motivated to take the weight off.
As long as somebody else is pushing you, no matter what you do or
what you try, it'll never work. "You
can do it. " Repeat this to yourself.
Lose weight gradually
- If you are overweight, a loss of 5 to 15 percent of
your body weight may improve your health.
- Se a realistic target for weight loss .Aim to lose
about 10 percent of your weight over about 6 months. Loss of 1/2
to 2 pounds per week is usually safe.
- If you improve your eating and exercise habits, you
will develop a healthier lifestyle. Moreover, this will help you
to control your weight over time.
- "Crash" diets may help you to lose weight
fast, but can cause you to gain back even more than you lost after
you stop the diet.
Stick to Meal Plan
Bring your meal plan with you wherever
you go until you know it by heart. If you've taken some time to pre-plan,
carry your written menu with you to serve as a reminder. You should
also have your food record handy so you can keep track of what you
Drink the magic potion-water
"Drinking lots of water
will keep you from snacking when you are not hungry, and it will
give you more energy. It will also stop what are known as hunger
headaches, which are probably due to dehydration.
Learning it all again:
Joining a weight loss class or working with
a dietitian can help you learn proper portions, even without weighing
Imagine how would you look without those pounds
If you can actually visualize yourself as the person you want
to be, you'll become it. Cut out a picture of someone whose figure
you admire, or a picture of yourself w,hen you were at your ideal
weight and keep it with you at all times. Look at it frequently and
visualize yourself looking like that.
Lastly do remember, you may collect thousands of weight loss tips,
but until and unless you follow them, your dreams of losing weight